Administrative and Legal Assistant
Endeavor Business Media is a cutting-edge media company covering a variety of industries where decision-makers across the world look first to gain the leading edge in their markets. With a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, Endeavor values exceptional performance and recognizes the outstanding people who work together to make success happen.
This role will support the Organizational Health team responsible for Endeavor’s legal, insurance, human resources, compliance and M&A operations and initiatives. Working in tandem with in-house counsel and HR leadership, you will be the operational foundation of a geographically diverse team. Your daily life will include managing requests and correspondence, organizing corporate records, managing projects on accelerated timelines, and streamlining operations for the department. You will be successful in this role if you are a self-starter, curious, love teamwork, and thrive on bringing order to a constantly changing environment. This role requires you to be diligent when it comes to reviewing and drafting legal documents, assisting with various corporate and compliance initiatives, and building processes to help us operate more efficiently. This role is based in our Nashville office and while reporting to the Chief Administrative and Legal Officer (CALO), you will interact primarily with members of the larger corporate and people operations department in a supporting role.
• Support all aspects of our corporate administration and people operations, including records retention policies, multi-state corporate filings, manage files and records systems and database, organizing compliance and governance-related materials
• Assist in-house counsel with M&A due diligence and integration planning and implementation
• Assist in-house counsel in responding to business unit legal questions, issuing nondisclosure agreements, vendor agreements and other legal documents
• Support insurance administration, including initial drafts of applications, reviewing policies for accuracy, and maintaining schedule of insurance
• Coordinate all aspects of contract management, including routing for signature, distribution, and development and maintenance of contracts templates
• Provide litigation support as needed, including tracking litigation matters, drafting correspondence with outside litigation counsel, managing legal hold processes, and developing initial answers to interrogatories and document requests that are served upon the company
• Collaborate on implementing and identifying areas for streamlining and increasing efficiency within the corporate and people operations team
• Collaborate with finance, accounting, facilities and communications teams to manage cross functional initiatives
• Support cross-functional preparations for board meetings and executive staff presentations, including preparation, distribution and maintenance of materials
• Bachelor’s Degree, with 3-5 years experience as a paralegal in a law firm or a corporate legal department
• Efficient and effective use of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ability to work independently, shift focus, adapt to changing priorities, maintain patience in high pressure situations and take initiative where appropriate
• Possess exceptional organizational and communication skills both written and verbal
• Strong work ethic and sense of professionalism and discretion, demonstrating accountability, integrity, and respect for confidentiality
• Precision/detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
• Solid customer service mindset with capability to interact with internal and external constituents
• Sound judgment with ability to balance legal risk and business impact in a fast-paced environment
• Trustworthy, positive, energetic, optimistic attitude with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
• Comfort level through either education, training or work experience to perform substantive legal research and writing that requires knowledge of and experiences with legal concepts and objectives customarily, but not exclusively, performed by a lawyer.
• Knowledge of copyright, trademark and other intellectual property issues within the publishing sector
• Knowledge of labor and employment laws, rules, regulations, policies and best practices
Endeavor Business Media is a rapidly growing US-based B2B media and events company founded in 2017. Endeavor’s mission is to deliver the highest-quality content in the B2B markets we serve and to do so in the various, multi-channel formats that today’s industry professionals demand. From informative e-newsletters to in-depth monthly magazines to curated in-person events, Endeavor Business Media is committed to providing the best opportunities for professionals to stay knowledgeable and connect with marketplace colleagues that drive their industry forward.
Since its founding in 2017, Endeavor has grown to nearly 400 employees working from 11 offices across the U.S. and remotely. Endeavor places a high importance on its data-driven core values of accountability, continuous improvement and being passionate about value creation in an environment that maintains minimal politics, directional clarity, high productivity and low turnover among good people. These values are adopted at all levels of the company across every sphere and give the company its operational advantage. Our departments and operating businesses have autonomy and place a high value on meritocracy, with a commitment to providing individuals with opportunities for growth and development.
The Organizational Health team provides multi-disciplinary, foundational services to the company’s employees and operating teams balancing business imperatives with legal risk and compliance requirements. Our team is passionate about its service-oriented approach to supporting our colleagues to accomplish the company’s targets and goals.
We offer competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k), generous PTO & paid holidays. For consideration, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirement in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Endeavor Business Media is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, compensation and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status.