Assistant Editor - Water Technology Magazine
Endeavor Business Media is a cutting-edge media company covering a variety of industries where decision-makers across the world look first to gain the leading edge in their markets. With a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, Endeavor values exceptional performance and recognizes the outstanding people who work together to make success happen.
The Assistant Editor manages, edits, and writes for this industry-leading bi-monthly publication and provides support for other relevant editorial projects that may arise.
· Prepare, edit and proof copy according to publication's style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements.
· Verify facts, dates, and statistics using standard reference sources.
· Coordinate with contributing authors regarding assignments, deadlines, changes in content, style or organization, or publication.
· Post daily news and information to the website using Endeavor Business Media's web content management system.
· Produce e-newsletters each week or as needed.
· Monitor and analyze online metrics and reporting systems.
· Work with SEO staff to maximize web search traffic by identifying and incorporating SEO best practices
· Manage LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook content distribution and engagement.
· Build and maintain relationships with colleagues and staff of industry groups and associations.
· Represent the brand and company at industry meetings and events.
· Bachelor's degree in journalism or a similar field with a minimum of two years’ editorial experience (B2B experience preferred).
· Solid editorial judgment and languages skills (e.g., able to spot and correct grammar, spelling, and syntax errors in texts; acute attention to detail).
· High level of creativity and insight with a positive attitude.
· Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership abilities.
· Strong organizational and time management skills (e.g., able to manage multiple projects, tasks, and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment).
· Able to work both independently and as part of a diverse team.
· Excellent computer and social media management skills with the aptitude to learn new software tools and platforms as required.
· Willingness to travel.
· Willingness to appear on camera
Additional Skills/Competencies (preferred but not required):
· Water industry knowledge or experience
· Proficiency in:
· Microsoft Office 365 / Microsoft Teams / OneDrive
· Adobe suite (Photoshop, Acrobat, Premiere)
· Google Analytics
· Content management systems
· Basic videography/camera skills