Assistant Editor- Aviation
Endeavor Business Media is a cutting-edge media company covering a variety of industries where decision-makers across the world look first to gain the leading edge in their markets. With a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, Endeavor values exceptional performance and recognizes the outstanding people who work together to make success happen.
As part of the editorial team, the Assistant Editor will edit press releases; write and edit feature articles for the group’s publications and its website, furnishing complete page material in appropriate electronic format; develop story ideas and research topics for future publications. This position in an entry level editorial position.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Conceptualizing ideas, completing research, and writing original content for AviationPros.com, and helping with the Aviation Group’s print products.
• Preparing marketing and social media content for the Aviation Group brands.
• Copy editing articles and marketing materials. • Assisting in creating newsletters and scheduling deployments.
• Creating multimedia packages (video, audio slideshows, podcasts, etc.)
• Processing press releases.
• Researching trends and reader interests to determine market content needs.
• Assisting/developing projects and deadlines for print or online products.
• Coordinating with lead editors and graphics department to produce print products.
• Traveling to industry events, tradeshows, or other assignments as necessary.
• Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in journalism, communications, English, or applicable field.
• Meticulous attention to detail. •
Strong copy-editing skills.
• Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
• Excellent communication/organizational skills.
• Familiarity with Adobe.
• 1 to 3 years of experience preferred.
• Familiarity with aviation industry desirable but not required.
We offer competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k), generous PTO & paid holidays. For consideration, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirement in confidence to email@example.com.
Endeavor Business Media is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, compensation and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status.