Associate News Editor
Endeavor Business Media is a rapidly growing US-based B2B media and events company founded in 2017. Endeavor's mission is to deliver the highest-quality content in the B2B markets we serve and to do so in the various, multi- channel formats that today's industry professionals demand. From informative e-newsletters to in-depth monthly magazines to curated in-person events, Endeavor Business Media is committed to providing the best opportunities for professionals to stay knowledgeable and connect with marketplace colleagues that drive their industry forward.
Endeavor places a high importance on its data-driven core values of accountability, continuous improvement and being passionate about value creation in an environment that maintains minimal politics, directional clarity, high productivity, and low turnover among good people. These values are adopted at all levels of the company across every sphere and give the company its operational advantage. Our departments and operating businesses have autonomy and place a high value on meritocracy, with a commitment to providing individuals with opportunities for growth and development.
The Associate Editor or / News Editor for the Officer Media Group is responsible for posting news and law enforcement industry related items of interest to the community served. This position generates the largest portion of content shared via our online portal.
Primary responsibilities include seeking, identifying, editing, and loading news content of all multi-media varieties to include text, imagery, and video. Supports the implementation of editorial strategy; coordinates all aspects of daily news, press release, sponsored and other content, editing, and preparing content for all brand platforms.
The News Editor will act as the primary contact between the Officer.com web portal and all feeds/ outlets for news acquisition. This includes supporting the planning and scheduling of the editorial calendar, scope of new content, and attendance to editorial meetings. The News Editor exercises discretion and independent judgement in matters of significance within the scope of his responsibilities.
· Reviews, edits, and critiques all discovered and/or submitted articles for editorial message, style, grammar, punctuation, and spelling in accordance with established style guidelines.
· Researches business trends and topics, and tailors news postings accordingly in support of the law enforcement community and industry.
· Develops, implements, and maintains news vetting policies and standards.
· Coordinates with advertising team to insure efficient and timely process of publication of news, press releases, sponsored and other non-editorial content.
· Supports via input the design of new special projects, events, and promotional vehicles.
· Tracks content quality and maintains consistency and integrity of the editorial voice.
· Ensures consistent best practice work flow and production processes.
Knowledge / Skill / Ability:
· Ability to read, write, correct English text Ability to type using computer
· Ability to manipulate text/ graphics
· Ability to perform basic business communication functions
· Ability to generate/write original content as necessary based on news available
Equivalent Education / Experience:
· High School graduate or equivalency
· Typing 45+wpm
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, BASE, and Outlook.
· 3+ years’ experience as a news analyst/reported/write
We offer competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k), generous PTO & paid holidays. For consideration, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirement to email@example.com.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, compensation and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status.