Tips to improve the mobile email experience:
• Keep your subject lines short and simple. Use fewer than 50
• Use the preheader text to deliver a more impactful message.
This can be the difference between someone opening or
deleting your message.
• Try to design emails using single column layouts. Emails no
wider than 620px and min of 320px are best.
• Resize the images to fit on a mobile screen. Use CSS to adjust
the width of the template and content, text within images should
be considered in the smaller form factor.
• Apples recommendations for finger touch area is 44 x 44px,
CTA buttons should be anything over this.
• Keep in mind the font size and copy length. No one wants to
read an essay in tiny type. The recommended min font size for
all main content on mobile is 13px.
• Use a clear call-to-action and keep in mind where it is. Can it be
seen when the email is opened?
• Keep the header clean. If navigation is necessary, keep it
minimal and choose your key words.
• Remember, always test your templates and measure the
performance to help you optimize and fine-tune your
• Don’t forget your landing pages! There’s nothing more
frustrating for a potential customer than clicking through to an