Editor | Endeavor Business Media (T&D World) - Overland Park, KS or Remote
Endeavor Business Media is a cutting-edge media company covering a variety of industries where decision-makers across the world look first to gain the leading edge in their markets. With a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, Endeavor values exceptional performance and recognizes the outstanding people who work together to make success happen.
Endeavor Business Media is seeking an ambitious and energetic Editor to join the Energy Group and work on our well-respected and highly established flagship brand, T&D World.
T&D World is the authoritative source for utility engineers, operations professionals and business executives on the latest trends, solutions and technologies impacting the business and strategy of electric utilities.
The right candidate will be a quick learner, talented and concise writer/editor, exceptional multi-tasker, savvy social media strategist, and detail-oriented/deadline-driven individual. This position provides an extraordinary opportunity for someone to learn the ins and outs of every aspect of the content publishing business from writing, editing, design, events, and production to social media, web analytics, reader engagement, and project management.
In this role, you will:
· Write/generate content for newsletters, photo galleries, web site, and magazines
· Manage social media accounts
· Produce e-newsletters
· Manage special projects, as assigned
· Manage sponsored content placement and promotion, such as whitepapers, eBooks and webinars
· Oversee production for monthly print issues and newsletters
· Edit and proofread
· Track web analytics to better understand and improve online content performance
· Collaborate with the editorial team to brainstorm new ideas, execute special projects, and hit goals
· Collaborate and provide back-up coverage with the editorial teams of other publications in the Energy Group, including: TransmissionHub, Utility Products and Distributed Energy Magazines
What you’ll need to succeed:
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism (preferable), English, communications or related area
· Entry-level candidates considered, but prefer candidates with 1-2 years of experience writing and editing content for an online or print publication as well as social media and web content management experience
· Experience covering the energy industry is preferred
· Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong multi-tasker with the ability to juggle multiple projects and their deadlines
· Excellent time management skills
· Adept at social media
· Proficiency in search engine optimization
· Experience with content management systems and website analytics tools
· Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
· Ability and willingness to work well as a team and individually
· Aptitude for understanding technical information and applying that knowledge to write/edit content accurately for presentation on the web, in newsletters, and in print
· Training in AP Style
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
· Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop preferred