Editor - Stormwater Magazine
Endeavor Business Media is a rapidly growing US-based B2B media and events company founded in 2017. Endeavor's mission is to deliver the highest-quality content in the B2B markets we serve and to do so in the various, multi- channel formats that today's industry professionals demand. From informative e-newsletters to in-depth monthly magazines to curated in-person events, Endeavor Business Media is committed to providing the best opportunities for professionals to stay knowledgeable and connect with marketplace colleagues that drive their industry forward.
As editor, you will be integral in leading the brand's development of strong editorial products that build engaged and responsive audiences.
· Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal.
· Build and maintain relationships with colleagues and staff of industry groups and associations.
· Represent the brand at industry meetings and events.
· Prepare, edit and proof copy according to publication's style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements.
· Coordinate with authors regarding assignments, deadlines, changes in content, style or organization, or publication.
· Post daily news and information to the website using Endeavor Business Media's web content management system.
· Produce e-newsletters each week or as needed.
· Analyze online metrics and reporting systems to gauge success of topics and spot trends.
· Manage the brand's social media content distribution and dialog.
· Bachelor's degree in journalism or a similar field with a minimum of four years of editorial experience (B2B markets preferred).
· Solid editorial judgment and languages skills (e.g., able to spot and correct grammar, spelling, and syntax errors in texts; acute attention to detail).
· High level of creativity and insight with a positive attitude.
· Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership abilities.
· Strong organizational and time management skills (e.g., able to manage multiple projects, tasks and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment).
· Able to work both independently and as part of a diverse team.
· Excellent computer and social media management skills with the aptitude to learn new software tools and platforms as required.
· Willingness to travel.
Additional Skills/Competencies (preferred but not required):
· Relevant industry experience: stormwater/wetlands/watershed management, water resources, erosion control
· Proficiency in:
o Microsoft Office 365 / Microsoft Teams / OneDrive
o Adobe suite (Photoshop, Acrobat, Premiere)
o Google Analytics
o Content management systems
· Basic videography/camera skills
· Willingness to appear on camera
We offer competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k), generous PTO & paid holidays. For consideration, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, compensation and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status.