Endeavor Business Media is a cutting-edge media company covering a variety of industries where decision-makers across the world look first to gain the leading edge in their markets. With a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, Endeavor values exceptional performance and recognizes the outstanding people who work together to make success happen.
The Financial Analyst will provide financial analysis and support to business unit managers and senior management.
· The Financial Analyst will be responsible for creating and updating various financial and analytical reports for all print, digital, and event properties on a regular basis. They will work closely with Publishers, VP’s and EVP’s and provide them with any necessary financial analysis and support.
· The Financial Analyst will review month end financial reports to ensure all statistics, revenue, and expenses have been accounted for. They will compare actual results to the current forecast/budget and note any significant variances for Publishers, VP’s and EVP’s to review.
· The Financial Analyst will assist in preparing the budget and forecasts. During the budget process, the Financial Analyst will work with various teams to review financial inputs and forecasts and identify any strategic and financial issues associated with their forecasts.
Such analysis will include but is not limited to the following:
o Substantiate revenue assumptions through the use of various analysis including pacing, y-o-y % revenue growth / (decline), customer lists, etc.
o Ensure that costs are minimized and contribution is maximized in a cost / business - efficient manner. Such actions may require the Financial Analyst to work with the Publisher/EVP to evaluate frequency, circulation requirements, interactive revenue assumptions, ad/edit ratios and adjustments to paper quality or size.
· Throughout the year, the Financial Analyst will help EVPs manage their portfolio of properties by identifying performance issues and recommending remedial action when comparing actual results to plan. The Financial Analyst will prepare various ad hoc analyses and reports to help provide financial direction. Such analysis may include monthly reviews of cost structure, revenue forecasts relative to pacing and any other ad hoc analysis.
· Planning, development and integration of new ventures. The Financial Analyst will assist the Director of Finance with any projects related to acquisitions and divestitures.
· The Financial Analyst will serve as a system of checks and balances to ensure that errors are minimized and financial issues are properly identified and reported to senior management.
· The Financial Analyst should focus on educating sales leaders about the financial impact of decisions on their business.
· The Financial Analyst will assist in the creation, analysis, and monitoring of Key Performance Indicators to help drive business results.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
· Minimum 4 years experience in Finance
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Must be accurate, thorough, and detail-oriented.
· Strong knowledge of MS Office software applications (such as Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
· Previous experience with budgeting, forecasting, and building financial models.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise initiative and good judgment within established guidelines.
· Must be an effective team player and be able to use interpersonal skills such as tact, patience, and courtesy.
· Strong customer service "can-do" orientation emphasizing the ability to convey a professional, positive, and helpful attitude in working with internal management and outside business professionals.
· Must be flexible and able to adjust to changing priorities.
· Identify and suggest process efficiencies through the use of current or prospective financial tools.
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
· High ethical standards with emphasis on ability to preserve and protect confidential information.