Endeavor Business Media is a rapidly growing US-based B2B media and events company founded in 2017. Endeavor’s mission is to deliver the highest-quality content in the B2B markets we serve and to do so in the various, multi- channel formats that today’s industry professionals demand. From informative e-newsletters to in-depth monthly magazines to curated in-person events, Endeavor Business Media is committed to providing the best opportunities for professionals to stay knowledgeable and connect with marketplace colleagues that drive their industry forward.
Endeavor places a high importance on its data-driven core values of accountability, continuous improvement and being passionate about value creation in an environment that maintains minimal politics, directional clarity, high productivity, and low turnover among good people. These values are adopted at all levels of the company across every sphere and give the company its operational advantage. Our departments and operating businesses have autonomy and place a high value on meritocracy, with a commitment to providing individuals with opportunities for growth and development.
The Managing Editor – is responsible for assisting with the development, creation, and distribution of editorial print and online content.
The managing editor plays a role of assisting with editorial project management, content development and management, as well as writing and editing, as well as multiple publications and portal websites. This individual will help to manage the communication between many different departments, including editorial, sales, graphic design, and production.
An ideal candidate has previous experience managing internal and contributed writing assignments, exceptional copy editing and writing skills, an understanding of the print production process, and knowledge of digital content distribution through website and social media platforms.
This candidate must be able to manage daily, weekly tasks, and monthly print production schedules, and other long-term projects as assigned.
· Utilize the internal content management system to create, organize, and manage editorial content for digital and print platforms. This includes general editing, proper SEO title creation, tagging for content, and scheduling content to appropriate channels.
· Assist lead editors in ensuring content for print publications arrives on schedule and is sent to appropriate channels by deadline.
· Organize, manage, and oversee the creation of multiple print magazine supplements throughout the year.
· Writing assignments involving feature article writing with ability to organize, interview and write on industry-related topics. Sometimes involves on-location reporting.
· Attend trade shows and industry-related press events on behalf of the editorial team. Approximately 15-20 percent company travel. Sometimes involves on-location reporting.
· Help organize and approve newsletter content for daily, weekly, and monthly email newsletters.
· Assist in the development of new and updated online content pages, sections, features and templates.
· Oversee social media initiatives to ensure practices adhere to social media business plan, along with content development and posting for various social media platforms.
· Monitor website and newsletter analytics as they relate to editorial content and provide monthly reports on editorial performance.
· Direct manager to the assistant/associate editors on staff
3 to 6 years of applicable professional experience.
Journalism, communications or related field background.
Proficiency with computers and layout application software required.
Experience with InDesign, Word Office Suite, and Google Drive preferred.
Knowledge on AP style and adaptable to internal style, with a firm understanding of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
Well organized, flexible team player.
Exceptional communication skills and ability to prioritize and multitask.
We offer competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k), generous PTO & paid holidays. For consideration, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirement to email@example.com.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, compensation and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status.