Managing Editor, Firehouse
Endeavor Business Media is a cutting-edge media company covering a variety of industries where decision-makers across the world look first to gain the leading edge in their markets. With a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, Endeavor values exceptional performance and recognizes the outstanding people who work together to make success happen.
The managing editor will focus primarily on the monthly print publication and its associated supplements and special projects. The managing editor plays a critical role in content development and management responsibilities as well as day-to-day editing of submissions. This individual will coordinate with contributors and photographers on assignments and work closely with sales, graphics and production teams.
· Work closely with publication group to develop the editorial calendar and budget
· Coordinate with authors/contributors and photographers to maintain an efficient production schedule for monthly print issues, and special projects
· Utilize the internal content management system to create, organize and manage editorial content for digital and print platforms. This includes general editing, SEO, tagging, and scheduling content to appropriate newsletters.
· Oversee awards programs and surveys
· Work on long-term initiatives, including print and digital supplements and special projects
· Assist with social media initiatives, content development and posting
· Basic understanding of photography for use in print publications and on website
· Maintain contracts for authors and photographers
· Manage monthly payroll for outside content providers
· Attend trade shows and industry-related press events on behalf of the editorial team. Approximately 15-20 percent company travel.
● BA in Journalism, communications or related field
● 4 to 6 years of applicable professional experience
● Strong copyediting/proofreading skills
● Meticulous attention to detail
● Excellent communication/organizational skills and a flexible team player
● Sound editorial judgment
● Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign), plus Word Office Suite
● Familiarity with public safety or the fire service a plus
We offer competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k), generous PTO & paid holidays. For consideration, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirement in confidence to email@example.com.
Endeavor Business Media is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, compensation and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status.