Managing Editor - Vehicle Repair Group
Endeavor Business Media is a cutting-edge media company covering a variety of industries where decision-makers across the world look first to gain the leading edge in their markets. With a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, Endeavor values exceptional performance and recognizes the outstanding people who work together to make success happen.
The Managing Editor – Vehicle Repair Group is responsible for assisting with the development, creation and distribution of editorial print and online content, as well as a content project manager, for the Vehicle Repair Group.
The managing editor plays a role of assisting with editorial project management, content development and management, as well as writing and editing, for multiple transportation service-focused publications and a portal website (VehicleServicePros.com). This individual will help to manage the communication between many different departments, including editorial, sales, graphic design, and production.
An ideal candidate has previous experience managing internal and contributed writing assignments, exceptional copy editing and writing skills, an understanding of the print production process, and knowledge of digital content distribution through website and social media platforms.
This candidate must be able to manage daily, weekly tasks, and monthly print production schedules, and other long-term projects as assigned.
· Utilize the internal content management system to create, organize, and manage editorial content for digital and print platforms. This includes general editing, proper SEO title creation, tagging for content, and scheduling content to appropriate channels.
· Assist lead editors in ensuring content for print publications arrives on schedule and is sent to appropriate channels by deadline.
· Organize, manage, and oversee the creation of multiple print magazine supplements throughout the year.
· Writing assignments involving feature article writing with ability to organize, interview and write on industry-related topics. Sometimes involves on-location reporting.
· Attend trade shows and industry-related press events on behalf of the editorial team. Approximately 15-20 percent company travel. Sometimes involves on-location reporting.
· Help organize and approve newsletter content for daily, weekly, and monthly email newsletters.
· Assist in the development of new and updated online content pages, sections, features and templates.
· Oversee social media initiatives to ensure practices adhere to social media business plan, along with content development and posting for various social media platforms.
· Monitor website and newsletter analytics as they relate to editorial content and provide monthly reports on editorial performance.
· Direct manager to the assistant/associate editors on staff
· 3 to 6 years of applicable professional experience.
· Journalism, communications or related field background.
· Proficiency with computers and layout application software required. Experience with InDesign, Word Office Suite, and Google Drive preferred.
· Knowledge on AP style and adaptable to internal style, with a firm understanding of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
· Well organized, flexible team player.
· Exceptional communication skills and ability to prioritize and multitask.
· Familiarity with automotive or transportation industries a plus.
We offer competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k), generous PTO & paid holidays. For consideration, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, compensation and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status.