Managing Editor – Fleet Owner, American Trucker magazines
Endeavor Business Media Commercial Vehicle Group
Endeavor Business Media is a cutting-edge media company covering a variety of industries where decision-makers across the world look first to gain the leading edge in their markets. With a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, Endeavor values exceptional performance and recognizes the outstanding people who work together to make success happen.
The Managing Editor – Fleet Owner, American Trucker magazines is responsible for assisting with the development, creation and distribution of editorial print and online content for both brands.
An ideal candidate has previous experience managing internal and contributed writing assignments, exceptional copy editing and writing skills, an understanding of the print production process, and knowledge of digital content distribution through website and social media platforms.
This candidate must be able to manage daily, weekly tasks, and monthly print production schedules, and other long-term projects as assigned.
In this role you will:
· Manage editorial flow and oversee print production for two monthly print publications (21 issues/year). Includes work with full-time reporters, freelancers, guest contributors and the production team.
· Edit, post and/or write online content for digital platforms on daily deadline. Edit long-form cover feature stories for print.
· Assist in coordinating online content for print products.
· Keep assignments on track for deadline, accuracy and style.
· Ability to occasionally travel to industry trade shows and related events to cover news through on-site reporting and representing the publication.
· Have a solid understanding of industries served and ability to cross-reference content to different audiences.
· Oversee and coordinate special projects across multiple brands as needed.
· Manage direct reports
· Perform other duties as assigned.
● At least 5 years of applicable professional publishing, editing and reporting experience preferred.
● Knowledge, enthusiasm and previous reporting experience on transportation industry strongly encouraged, trucking and commercial vehicle industry reporting ideal.
● Journalism, communications or related field background.
● Proficiency with computers and layout application software required. Experience with InDesign, Word Office Suite, and Google Drive preferred.
● Knowledge on AP style and adaptable to internal style, with a firm understanding of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
● Well organized, flexible team player.
● Exceptional communication skills and ability to prioritize and multitask.