Endeavor Business Media is a cutting-edge media company covering a variety of industries where decision-makers across the world look first to gain the leading edge in their markets. With a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, Endeavor values exceptional performance and recognizes the outstanding people who work together to make success happen.
The production director is responsible for overseeing and supporting the day-to-day activities of the production managers in various office locations. Routine functions include monitoring production schedules, reviewing manufacturing instructions prepared by staff, preparing cost estimates for special projects and what-if scenarios, reviewing invoices for proper expense allocation and updating the Continuing Forecast in the financial planning tool.
Additional responsibilities of this position include establishing and monitoring staff workload, developing and enforcing standard operating procedures and service level objectives across the department, ensuring that all staff understand corporate accounting protocol associated with advertising orders, and pursing continuous process improvement opportunities. The production director routinely interfaces with publishers, sales staff, accounting specialists, financial analysts, graphic designers, internal MagHub specialists and other shared service managers and staff.
· Oversee the day-to-day activities of direct-report production managers and provide guidance pertaining to schedules, procedures, order entry protocol, print production matters and all other primary responsibilities of the position
· Ensure that the workload of individual staff is balanced across the group and permits appropriate service levels to internal and external clients
· Along with VP Production formulate and implement standard operating procedures and routinely seek out process improvement opportunities
· Review MIP data; approve or suggest changes to ensure that expenses will be in line with revenue; update expenses forecast in the continuing forecast when warranted.
· Review print orders and any other print publication manufacturing instructions to ensure accuracy and cost efficiency
· Liaison to printing plant staff as necessary
· Develop, oversee and modify as necessary the print publication production schedules; ensure changes are communicated internally and externally.
· Assist VP Production in preparing manufacturing and distribution expenses for the annual “Plan” and any subsequent intra-year reforecasts
· Prepare expense estimates for publishers and sales staff pertaining to special projects and materials being printed on behalf of customers.
· Ensure that all printer invoices are acquired, processed and submitted to the accounting department by production staff in a timely manner to meet the monthly financial period deadline.
· Review publication printing expense worksheets to confirm that costs are properly assigned and provide cost variance-to-budget analysis to financial analysts as necessary.
· Occasionally entertain dialog and pricing from prospective commercial print service providers to ensure competitive relationships.
· Prior team supervision experience
· Publishing or print manufacturing background preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational skills; can effectively work independently and collaboratively
· Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel)
We offer competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k), generous PTO & paid holidays. For consideration, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirement to email@example.com.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, compensation and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status.