Endeavor Business Media is a cutting-edge media company covering a variety of industries where decision-makers across the world look first to gain the leading edge in their markets. With a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, Endeavor values exceptional performance and recognizes the outstanding people who work together to make success happen.
Lead growth and capabilities of Technology Group market research. Manage several contract researchers covering the LED, lighting, laser and other markets, overseeing the creation of all research products from inception to completion. Also responsible for authoring several industry reports analyzing market data to develop an overall picture of the market: market trends, supplier market shares, and market breakout by application segments and geographic regions.
This candidate will be required to maintain the public face of the company by leading all market outreach (blogs, articles etc.) and present gathered market data at relevant industry events. Additionally, this role will act as the Co-Chair of multiple conferences and trade shows, including Strategies in Light and the Horticultural Lighting and Technology Conferences, tasked with creating and populating conference content.
The candidate needs to be self-motivated, well organized and an independent researcher. Familiarity with photonics industry will be highly desirable.
· Oversee research team, providing supervision and assistance during the entire phase of all research related products
· Collect market intelligence and conduct advanced quantitative and qualitative analyses of market trends
· Conduct interviews with industry experts regarding sensitive information
· Complete and present market reports for publication and private clients.
· Draft and negotiate proposals and provide custom consulting to private clients.
· Help identify and recruit speakers for company and industry events
· Author articles and quotes for traditional and digital media
· Stay current on technological advances and industry trends
· Support other office and company activities (e.g., planning, promotion, etc.)
· 7-10 yrs. experience in the technology industry
· Bachelor’s Degree in physical science, engineering, economics, or business
· Strong writing skills. Specifically, drafting extended reports, articles, blogs, and presentations on complex topics in a clear and concise prose.
· Strong oral communication skills. Specifically, ability to interview experts by phone or in person, including cold calls, and to make presentations to clients, conference audiences, and video interviews.
· Ability to compile extensive Excel spreadsheets and commit to industry forecasts of units, prices, and revenues across multiple market segments and geographic regions, and to estimates of supplier market shares.
· Must possess strong analytical skills and independent critical thinking to identify key concepts from a multitude of diverging viewpoints and conflicting information, make assumptions about market trends, and create an argument to support an original point of view.
· Ability to be resourceful when it comes to discovering “difficult to find” information
· Expertise in the subject area is highly desired but not essential.
· Ability to attract clients and customers for reports.
· Understanding of new media, such as search engine optimization, blogs, Facebook, etc.
· MBA or other graduate-level degree relevant to the position (e.g., economics, mathematics, engineering)
· Occasional/extensive travel via airplane to remote U.S. and overseas locations. (10%)
We offer competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k), generous PTO & paid holidays. For consideration, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirement in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Endeavor Business Media is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, compensation and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status.