Senior Editor- Laser Focus World
Endeavor Business Media is a cutting-edge media company covering a variety of industries where decision-makers across the world look first to gain the leading edge in their markets. With a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, Endeavor values exceptional performance and recognizes the outstanding people who work together to make success happen.
Working with the Editorial team, the Senior Editor will initially focus on soliciting, writing, and editing high-quality technical features, news stories, and blogs for Laser Focus World magazine as the Laser Focus World and BioOptics World websites.
The Senior Editor will work closely with a dedicated sales and marketing team that needs support in working with the advertising base, which produces very technical products and services. The position will also work with the Editorial team on various new projects and tasks as they arise.
This person will:
· Efficiently prepare content for publication and be able to proofread text, improve clarity, spelling, style, and punctuation.
· Contribute to all aspects of editorial creation and production to ensure timeliness and quality of editorial print, online, and ancillary products
· Represent Laser Focus World and BioOptics World to the laser and photonics community
· Work with Sales, Marketing, and Digital Media teams to ensure brand success
· Find, search optimize, edit/write, and post (in the content management system) your original news and other content. Content topics include market news, product announcements, and technology stories.
· Manage content contributions from subject matter experts, including editing, SEO and posting as needed.
· Provide production and/or copy-editing support for magazine content.
· Work with marketing to develop promotional materials as needed
· Monitor web analytics and develop strategies to ensure user engagement and traffic growth.
· Work with technical team to troubleshoot challenges on the site or in the CMS.
· Attend industry events as needed, including international events.
· Communicate with/respond to comments from the Laser Focus World and BioOptics World reader communities.
· Participate in screening and editorialization of the annual Laser Focus World Innovators Award program.
· Traveling to trade shows and conferences multiple times per year to obtain a better knowledge of the industry, make contacts, and learn more about the newest technology.
· Visiting companies to learn more about them
· Working with and guide salespeople as needed
· Working with buyer's guide as needed
· Bachelor’s Degree
· A minimum of five years’ experience creating and posting content for magazines, websites, or comparable background
· Thorough understanding of all types of content delivery methods (web/e-mail newsletter/video/ mobile/audio/print) and best practices associated with each
· Experience using social media and/or blogging to successfully engage audiences
· Knowledge of web analytics
· Excellent writing, SEO, and computer skills
· Ability to work quickly and accurately in a daily news environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to prioritize effectively
· Self-starter who learns quickly and recognizes when to ask questions and seek advice
· Degree in journalism, communications, English or relevant experience. BS or advanced STEM degree a plus.
· Experienced in research, writing, and editing technical content. Strong writing experience
· Good understanding of photonics technology, with interest to learn more by keeping up with leading-edge research
· Keen interest in technology and comfort writing about it
· Ability to interact professionally with customers and team members
· Ability to travel domestic and international
· BS or advanced STEM degree
· Knowledge of business and economic aspects of technology industries
· Interest in emerging technologies (e.g. lasers, optics, photonics, imaging
· Knowledge of photonics products and the photonics industry, as well as the interrelation of all the various categories of photonics products
· Sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
· Use of hands and fingers.
· Work on a computer for 5-10 hours each day.
We offer competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k), generous PTO & paid holidays. For consideration, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, compensation and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status.