Oil & Gas Journal Technical Editor-Upstream
Endeavor Business Media is a cutting-edge media company covering a variety of industries where decision-makers across the world look first to gain the leading edge in their markets. With a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, Endeavor values exceptional performance and recognizes the outstanding people who work together to make success happen.
An Oil & Gas Journal Technical Editor-Upstream writes news and feature articles and solicits and edits technical articles on topics including oil and gas exploration, production, drilling and well completion. The editor must meet daily deadlines for news articles and weekly and monthly deadlines for magazine articles. The editor plans and prepares articles for several special reports each year. The editor administers the upstream channel of Oil & Gas Journal’s collaboration hub, Oil & Gas Community. The editor works with other members of the Oil & Gas Journal staff, members of the Oil & gas Journal Editorial Advisory Board, authors, news sources and other industry acquaintances.
Specific duties may include:
· Researching and writing feature articles on upstream developments and technologies for publication in the magazine.
· Writing nontechnical news articles for publication online
· Reviewing unsolicited technical articles and consulting others as necessary to decide whether to accept or reject the submissions
· Soliciting technical articles from industry contributors.
· Editing text and graphics of technical articles in accordance with high standards of grammar, clarity and conformance with Oil & Gas Journal style and in collaboration with authors.
· Communicating with members of the Oil & Gas Journal Editorial Advisory Board for guidance on article selection and related matters.
· Attending industry gatherings to learn about technical developments of the oil and gas industry, identify presentations for possible development into technical articles, meet prospective authors and represent Oil & Gas Journal in the industry.
· Administering and adding blog posts and forum discussions regularly to the upstream channel of Oil & Gas Journal.
· A college degree in a subject related to communication or technology
· At least three years of experience writing or editing articles about upstream oil and gas operations or writing or editing technical material related to the oil and gas industry.
· Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
· Ability to meet strict deadlines
· Ability to consult and learn from colleagues and technical specialists.
Extra consideration will be given to:
· A postgraduate or technical degree
· Operational experience with an oil and gas company or service firm.
· Editorial experience with a technical publication.
We offer competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k), generous PTO & paid holidays. For consideration, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirement in confidence to .
Endeavor Business Media is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, compensation and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status.