Senior Research Analyst
Endeavor Business Media is a cutting-edge media company covering a variety of industries where decision-makers across the world look first to gain the leading edge in their markets. With a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, Endeavor values exceptional performance and recognizes the outstanding people who work together to make success happen.
Utility Analytics Institute (UAI) is a corporate membership-based organization that offers research, working groups and events focused on helping utilities derive value from data analytics.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Research Analyst to create and manage the promises of membership, including articles, research, webcasts and eNewsletters for both utility and solution provider members.
We are open to remote employees for this position.
Product Delivery & Development
· The Senior Research Analyst will ensure that UAI meets member expectations, producing promised research-oriented deliverables that are valuable, timely and of high quality.
· You will be responsible for developing and maintaining a comprehensive view of the issues, technologies and players in the utility and analytics markets.
· You will participate in the product development efforts related to all aspects of the franchise, ranging from membership offerings to research.
Research & Analytics Project Profiles
· You will define requirements and scope of UAI and third-party research initiatives, including the following:
o Development and publication of semi-annual research roadmaps
o Manage successful execution of required interviews, industry surveys, and other data collection
o Ensure timely delivery or reports and other research outputs
· You will develop and deliver high quality research based on utility and solution providers needs and requests.
Marketing and Digital Content Development
· Develop and deliver content for UAI events, client-sponsored events, webinars, etc.
· Define scope of and manage development of sponsored research, whitepapers, and other digital content
· Curate and develop content for bi-weekly UAI newsletters
· Support and manage contract writers in development of UAI and sponsored content, including blogs, whitepapers, and other digital content.
Networking, Relationship & Community Development
· You will do public speaking and be recognized as an industry thought leader.
· You will build and leverage relationships with the key influencers and practitioners in the market space as speakers, authors, advisors, experts, etc.
· You will support membership engagement and usage of our client’s online and offline “communities, working collaboratively with other members of the team.
· As the internal expert on the utility industry and analytics, you will participate in the sales process upon the request of frontline sales representatives.
· You will be a source of new sales leads, support marketing initiatives, and seek to drive revenue growth (e.g. membership, event sponsorships) and membership renewals.
· Bachelor’s degree required/Master’s degree desired
· A “connector” with a strong network of utility industry contacts that can be leveraged – ideally director and above contacts in Utility Customer, Operations, IT areas, etc.
· Analytics knowledge; must be credible and able to “talk the talk” (analytics “guru” not required)
· Customer focused; comfortable interacting with all levels (from C-level executives to analysts)
· Excellent project management skills; ability/willingness to dive into and manage the details
· Market research expertise (e.g., strategy, project management, scope definition, survey design/analysis, secure/conduct interviews, writing skills, contractor management)
· A strategic thinker – able to see the big picture
· Comfort with public speaking is required
· Some travel required
Who We Are
Utility Analytics Institute is a corporate membership-based organization that offers research, working groups and events focused on helping utilities derive value from data analytics. Utility Memberships enable investor-owned, public, member-owned and international utilities to collaborate with peers and drive the future of the Utility Analytics Institute through a variety of online resources and in person events. Solution Provider Memberships are designed for big data, business intelligence and analytics companies that are focused on helping utilities address challenges and achieve their business goals. Utility Analytics Week and Utility Analytics Summit focus exclusively on analytics and attract utility executives and analytics champions, creating opportunities to establish new utility relationships and reinforce existing partnerships.
We offer competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k), generous PTO & paid holidays. For consideration, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, compensation and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status.